- Age: 30
- Nationality: USA
- Where was your adventure?: Tanzania
- How many days was it?: 2 weeks
- What type of adventure?: Safari
- What type of gear did you bring?
We brought tents, sleeping bags, head-lamps, food and water for about 6 days. The biggest thing to NOT forget is two extra spare tires, some binoculars, and layers of clothing. Although Tanzania is warm an on the equador, the nights in certain regions can be chilly.
- Was it difficult?: no
Why or why not?
There were parts of the safari that were difficult and other parts that were easier. One beaten road, it was pretty much lile driving down an old bumpy country road. When we chose to drive off the roads, it was difficult to travel short distances. You have be prepared for anything, including backtracking a few miles back to cross a hippo invested river.
- Would you recommend this adventure trip to someone else? Why or Why Not?
Yes, if you want true adventure, then head to East Africa, and maybe check out a few regions outside of the national parks.
- What do you wish you would have done differently?
Try to not cover such big distances on safari. There is a natural tendency to see many different parks, the true beauty of a safari is the waiting game, where you sit and wait for the animals to come out of the bushes. It can take hours, but it’s well worth it.
- What kind of advice can you give to other travellers going on this adventure?
It’s not as difficult as you think. Much of Africa is safe and the people are very nice and open. It’s not like the images you have read about in the newspaper.
- On your adventure, what person did you most identify with?